The Holistic Information Security Practitioner (HISP) Training & Certification program was created to address the current shortage of Information Security and Compliance professionals, with practical skills needed to help organizations address Information Security and Compliance requirements, by being able to implement Compliance frameworks that are repeatable, sustainable and effective.
We are not looking to position the HISP certification to replace existing certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CFA, but rather we are looking to complement such certifications and also offer CPEs for professionals who already hold such designations.
The HISP designation means that:
- The professional has a good grounding in International best practices for Information Security & Audit Governance as well as general IT Governance i.e. ISO 27002, ISO 27001, ITIL, CobiT and COSO.
- The professional takes a Holistic risk management approach to Information Security.
- The professional is a hybrid Information Security professional, well balanced between technical and business skills.
- The professional can function effectively in the capacity of a CISO, CCO by tackling the challenge of Information Security as a business concern that is not solved by technology alone, but by People, Process and Technology.
- The professional is able to map International best practices of IS0 27002, ISO 27001, ITIL, CobiT and COSO to current and future regulatory compliance requirements.
The HISP designation is earned by completing the following steps:
Level 1 (Training track)
- Attend the 5-day Enhanced or 3-day Accelerated HISP Certification Course - public, private onsite or web-based.
- Pass a certification exam, administered by HISPI.
Level 1 (Pre-requisite track)
- Register for one of the certification exams.
- Pass the certification exam, administered by HISPI.
- Provide evidence to HISPI that you currently possess one or more of the following certifications and that you are in good standing with their Certifying bodies:
- Master HISP (MHISP)
- Please click here to view the course outline
For additional information regarding the HISP training program, including latest course outlines, public class calendar etc, please visit the authorized training center sites listed below.
The matrix below illustrates how the HISP Curriculum encompasses domains found in CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSK, and CMMC:
|Course Name||Date||City, State||Country||Fees|
|HISP Certification Class - 5 Day Advanced Course (including Exam)||Apr 1-5, 2024||Instructor Led, Virtual||Virtual||$2,995 (USD)||register now!|
|HISP Certification Class - 5 Day Advanced Course (including Exam)||Aug 5-9, 2024||Instructor Led, Virtual||Virtual||$2,995 (USD)||register now!|
|HISP Certification Class - 5 Day Advanced Course (including Exam)||Dec 2-6, 2024||Instructor Led, Virtual||Virtual||$2,995 (USD)||register now!|
|Online 2017 HISP Certification Course, earn 35 CPEs (including Exam)||365 days||On Demand||Online||$848 (USD)||register now!|